What we do
TechAbility aims to improve outcomes for students with SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) in mainstream and specialist further education colleges by providing a dynamic programme including:
- consultation on Assistive Technology performance and improvements
- bespoke training through our network of Centres of Excellence
- signposting to advice and guidance from the sector and by working in partnership with Karten Network, Jisc and sector bodies
- continued professional development, with access to specialist training events, advice, guidance and resources
- opportunities to share and develop good practice by networking with other professionals
Who we work with
We work with specialist and general further education college staff in roles that support aspects of Assistive Technology. These staff may have a wide range of titles and functions, including strategic managers, network managers, assistive technologists, learning support, therapists and curriculum staff.
The role titles may vary, but the common factor is an interest in technology that improves the ability of learners to communicate, access learning and live independent, fulfilling and productive lives.
How we are funded
TechAbility is currently funded by The Karten Network. Karten are keen to ensure assistive technology has impact by providing support for training and assessment through TechAbility.
Get in touch
For enquiries and a discussion about how TechAbility can meet your Assistive Technology support and training needs please email TechAbility@natspec.org.uk, ring 0115 854 1322 or complete our enquiry form.