What is a TechAbility Assistive Technology (AT) champion?
Natspec and Karten staff work in specialist environments and know their learners/service users better than anyone, so we are supporting one professional from any member organisation to be a champion.
This will work differently depending on your context, but support may include any of the following:
- Bi-monthly meetings where we share best practice, welcome guest speakers, share the latest updates/tech and open the floor up to your queries or to promote what you are doing with AT.
- First access to some of the new materials we develop.
- Access to a forum offering support from other Champions and a platform to ask for advice from our Technologists on key areas for you.
- Access to our growing list of technology suppliers kindly offering their support, trial licenses and direct contact.
- Becoming part of a community interested in getting the best support for learners.
- Collaboration opportunities on projects.
What do we expect from you?
We realise that staff in these front-line roles will be busy so we do not expect a substantial time commitment, we will do whatever we can to make it easy for you to attend these. The more time you can put in, the more you will get out!
You don’t need a high level of technology know-how, we can help you with this. We welcome members with a passion to make a difference in learners’/service users’ lives.
We aim to empower you as professionals to provide better support and make use of this exciting opportunity.
This sounds great, what do I need to do?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a conversation to see how we can best support you.