Computers, tablets and phones have a wealth of accessibility options already built into the operating systems. In addition Office 365, Google Classrooms and web browsers have many features to enable access.
All teaching and learning support staff should have an awareness of these features so they can remove barriers for learners. This session will:
- show how to enable these features to ensure learners have the access they need.
- discuss which settings which may support learners with particular impairments.
- allow time to trial the options for yourself (subject to organisations having sufficient computers/tablets)
- demonstrate solutions if the built-in settings are not sufficient.
- discuss the accessibility advantages of learners choosing which platform they use.
This course can be delivered online as a half day course and places can be reserved for small numbers of staff. Upcoming dates are below.
Interested in greater impact?
We believe all should have knowledge of these settings to maximise impact. Training your whole staff team will create maximise this impact for the people they support. The content of this course can be tailored to match your technology provision e.g. Windows, Mac, iPad, Android.
Delivery to a single organisation has the advantage of additional time for questions and solutions specific to your setting.
To request delivery of this training online or face to face at your organisation please email email@example.com.
Computers, tablets and phones have a wealth of accessibility options already built into the operating systems. All teaching and learning support staff should have an awareness of these features so they can remove barriers for learners.