Assistive Technology for Physical Access
Delivered by Assistive Technology specialists, this workshop will ensure delegates learn about technologies which will enable learners to access desktop and laptop computers, tablets and phones. There is a wide range of technologies designed to support learners with physical access needs, this workshop will:
- demonstrate a spectrum of physical access technologies:
- alternative keyboards and mice
- touch devices
- voice control
- access switches
- eyegaze technology
- highlight how good assessment can change outcomes
- discuss the differences each technology can make for learners
- show how software choices can enhance physical access
- discuss how using some technologies may be undesirable
This is delivered online as a half-day course and places can be reserved for small numbers of staff.
For larger numbers, the training can be delivered in-house for a single organisation. This has the advantage of allowing more time for questions and tailoring the content, so it is specific to your setting. To request delivery of this training online or face to face at your organisation please email email@example.com.
Note: If delivered on-site for a single organisation, this will run as a full day (09:30-15:00). Delegates will have opportunities to trial some of the hardware and software solutions
Delivered by Assistive Technology specialists, this workshop will ensure delegates learn about technologies which will enable learners to access desktop and laptop computers, tablets and phones.