10 practical steps to include more learners
This interactive workshop is aimed at all members of staff and aims to ensure they have the skills to include all learners in their teaching. It’s relevant to staff in both the specialist and general FE sectors.
Ten quick fire topics covering a wide range of assistive hardware, software and techniques. An efficient way to raise awareness in staff teams of the multiple ways learners’ needs can be addressed. This session will cover:
- Using Your Voice to Type – Dragon, Google Drive, Windows, Mac
- Office 365 Learning Tools – inbuilt tools to aid literacy
- Making your Documents Accessible – it is digital, but can it be read?
- Mind Mapping – a study and creative tool
- Brain In Hand – support for Autism/Mental Health
- Captioning – easy ways to use subtitles in live online and recorded teaching
- Using your phone to read text and handwriting – iPhone and Android
- Reading websites – why Chrome isn’t always the best browser!
- iPad Accessibility – Reading options, guided access, magnifier and more
- Scanning Pens – Straightforward handheld tool for reading text
The advertised content may be subject to minor changes
This is delivered online as a half day course and places can be reserved for small numbers of staff.
For larger numbers, the training can be delivered in-house for a single organisation. This has the advantage of allowing more time for questions and tailoring the content, so it is specific to your setting. To request delivery of this training online or face to face at your organisation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If delivered on-site for a single organisation, this will run as a full day (09:30-15:00). At the start of the day delegates will choose which 10 subjects they want to cover and will have time to explore the solutions during the session.
Join one of our Assistive Technologists to discuss ten quick fire topics covering a wide range of assistive hardware, software and techniques.
Feedback from previous attendees
“All of the topics were delivered extremely well, and were delivered in a flexible way which made the training content really meaningful”
“I found the session extremely informative: all the topics covered were new to me”