The expertise behind our TechAbility service lies in specialist providers that support learners, aged 16-25, with complex learning difficulties and / or disabilities. The depth of knowledge within specialist provision uniquely positions the centres to advise on Assistive Technology for learners with a variety of access needs in education and wider community settings.
Assistive Technologists assess how technology can support the needs of an individual to communicate, learn and live an independent, fulfilling and productive life by liaising with therapy and education professionals to enable holistic benefits for the individual.
You can now commission support from a centre of excellence, guaranteeing expertise and knowledge from experienced practising Assistive Technologists, who develop skills and confidence in others to use assistive technology in their own settings.
- located in Specialist providers with in-depth knowledge and experience of complex learner needs
- staffed by AT experts who meet the TechAbility competency framework
- experts in current professional practice
- able to demonstrate their practice through case studies and testimonials
- experienced in both residential and day provision
- connected to other Specialist providers extending knowledge, depth and breadth of disability needs
Our Centres of Excellence